3 Things to Do Before Leaving the Classroom for the Summer

As students gear up for summer and the school year winds down, it can be tough to stay productive during prep time. However, here are 3 things that you can do, before you pack your bags for the summer, that you will thank yourself for later!

1. Organize the Clutter

This might be the hardest one to get motivated to do this time of year, but organizing any loose game cards, task cards, math manipulatives, and any other odds and ends is worth the extra time during those last few weeks. Remember, your students are sometimes your best helpers when it comes to classroom organization! Coming back to a classroom that is organized and ready to go is a huge plus in August. If you are feeling extra motivated, try to have this organized before the final bell rings, so that you can get started with your break right away!


2. Get a Few Things Prepped for the Start of Next Year

The back to school rush can be crazy in the fall. Having materials printed, cut, and prepped for the first week or two can be a huge benefit at the start of next school year. Middle school students can be awesome helpers when it comes to cutting, folding, and prepping activities. If you already have textbooks collected those last few days or have students who finish work early, having them help with this work can be a perfect activity for them!

Looking for ideas for the start of next year? This free Math is Everywhere Tile Project has always been a student favorite!

3. Write Down a Few Things You Want to Change or Explore for Next Year

While your brain is still in all out school mode, jot down a few things that you want to try out or look into for next year. This could be something as small as sliding furniture around or as something as big as restructuring your daily routines in class. As the summer progresses, it can be tough to remember all those things you thought of during the school year! Write them down now, so you don't forget and can start thinking about them!

Feeling really motivated? Start cutting and prepping materials for the following year. I personally have found that is is much better to do this at a leisurely pace during the summer than trying to cram it in the night before teaching an activity. Some of my math center activities and task cards are the types of activities that I always find are nice to have prepped ahead of time.


As many of you know, I am a big proponent of using math workshop in the middle school math classroom. If you are considering a switch or interested in more information, you can check out my book, Making Math Workshop Work, which is available as an eBook or as a hard copy on Amazon. The beginning of summer is the perfect time to begin researching a chance such as this, so that you can be ready to start fresh at the beginning of the school year.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1724919970?pf_rd_p=c2945051-950f-485c-b4df-15aac5223b10&pf_rd_r=9TWJJVKX01CFZFBN7DFS

2 comments :

  1. Why are everyone looking for ways online to get help solving their pregnancy and infertility problems when most of every native American is talking online about the help of Dr Mandaker Alamun. I checked him out when my husband who could not get me pregnant for over 9 years of marriage as a result of low sperm count became fertile and now, I am 5 months pregnant and it is this man known as Dr Mandaker who helped my husband solve his problem. My name is Alecia Maldonado from CA USA. I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,he also heal HIV and AID and it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy. I and my husband have gone to different hospitals having the thinking that I was at fault for not getting pregnant. But at the Federal hospital, they examined him too and his sperm count was low and unable to get a woman pregnant as a result of male infertility. It was then I sort out,thanks to Dr Mandaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to let the world know about Doctor AKHERE the Great spell caster that brought back my husband to me when i thought all hope was lost. Doctor AKHERE used his powerful spell to put a smile on my face by bringing back my man with his spell, at first i thought i was dreaming when my husband came back to me on his knees begging me to forgive him and accept him back and even since then he loves me more than i ever expected so i made a vow to my self the i will let the World know about Doctor AKHERE because he is a God on earth. Do you have problems in your relationship ? have your partner broke up with you and you still love and want him back ? Do you have problem with your finance ? or do you need help of any kind then contact Doctor AKHERE today for i give you 100% guarantee that he will help you just as he helped me. Doctor AKHERE email is: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete